The mission of Sweet Home is to Make Much of Jesus as we Make Disciples who Reach Up, Reach In and Reach Out. We believe the mission of our church is the same mission that Jesus gave to the New Testament church in Matthew 28:20 when he said we should “Make Disciples.” Therefore, the desire to Make Disciples drives everything we do as a church.
If our mission is to make disciples we have to answer the question, how does Sweet Home make disciples? And this question can be answered with three key words—Reach Up, Reach In and Reach Out.
REach up to God
- A Disciple is first one who has a relationship with God through His Son, Jesus.
- Matthew 22:37-39 says “Jesus said to them, “you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.””
- Our desire is to see people gain a relationship with God through His son, Jesus Christ by surrendering their lives completely to God. When this happens it stops being about the person and starts to be all about God. The person who is worshipping God vertically will then begin to serve others horizontally. We seek to accomplish this through our worship services weekly that emphasizes worship and the word.
reach in to the church
- A Disciple is one who desires to do life together with other disciples. The Bible teaches the concept of “one another’s” in Scripture such as love, serve, forgive, grow and be kind to one another. Jesus doesn’t want us to do life alone and a disciple will in turn desire to do life together with other Christians. We are more than just in a church but we believe you are in a family. We accomplish this by asking everyone to join our church as members but also join a LifeGroup class. We really do believe we are better together.
- Our desire is to see people gain a relationship with Christ, and then grow in relationship and community with one another as disciples.
reach out to the world
- A Disciple who Reaches Up to God and Reaches In the church then seeks to Reach Out like Jesus on mission daily through serving locally and reaching globally.
- How do we accomplish this? Matthew 28:19 says, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things I have commanded you. We seek to accomplish this by going on mission trips globally but also serving locally. We enjoy serving in our local schools, the downtown rescue mission, Room at the Inn and so many other service opportunities.